Blue CSCS Card Skilled Worker
Have you already built an experience in construction and want to work on a UK site?
The necessary condition for this step is the application for a blue CSCS card (or Blue CSCS Card Skilled Worker).
If you need this card, contact us now!
TO WHOM IS ADRESSED?
This card will be required when applying for a job of a skilled worker on the site.
Although you are considered an experienced operator, it is very important to be aware of the safety and health rules in place. Working in the most optimal conditions is primarily in your interest.
That’s why employers check if you own a blue CSCS card. They have to make sure that you are in a continuous process of training in labor protection
WHAT IS PROVIDING A BLUE CSCS CARD?
The Blue Card is the first in the series of cards for advanced operators. It attests to a higher level of skills in your craft.
After you get this card, you will be able to prove that you have:
- • passing the CSCS test.
- • attended SVQ or NVQ Level 2 courses (these attest to your general competence in Health and Safety in Construction).
- NARIC certification (equivalent to NVQ Level 2).
- A certificate, certifying the completion of an apprenticeship, issued by the City and Guilds of the London Institute Craft Certificate.
WHEN/WHERE TO GIVE THE TEST REQUIRED?
There are several testing centers and methods for each of the accreditation options
WHY DO YOU NEED AN NVQ/SVQ LEVEL 2?
NVQ certification – National Vocational Qualification – is the mandatory act required by UK employers in all areas. Depending on the field in which you work / want to work, you need to follow the NVQ courses that help you test general knowledge in that area.
In other words, the NVQ is a national standard designed by UK labor market authorities.
In terms of construction, NVQ testing and qualification are organized according to 5 levels.
When applying for a blue CSCS Qualified Worker Card, you need Construction NVQ Level 2 – NVQ Level 2. The rating is applied and is done within one day by an accredited evaluator.
SVQ – Scottish Vocational Qualification – involves the same issues as a NVQ, but it is only necessary if you apply for a construction job in Scotland.
WHAT ALTERNATIVE NVQ / SVQ ARE?
- If you have completed an apprenticeship attested by the City and Guilds of the London Institute Craft Certificate, you can use the certificate obtained as NVQ / SVQ equivalent in the blue card application process. This type of training is offered and paid by an employer (either the current one or the one who wants to hire you).
- If you have accreditations obtained in the country, you can equate them with the National Academic Recognition Information Center (NARIC).
- Blue Card CSCS can be renewed after 5 years. For the acquisition of advanced workplace skills, Blue Card holders can apply for other CSCS cards. Call us 0757 801 0070 or 0749 171 8318 to find out what the next step is in your evolution.
- If it`s your first time to work in the UK, it is essential to have a NINo – National Insurance Number.
- Health, Security and Environment Test (valid for 2 years). After this period, it requires a new test.
Do not forget! We are here for any queries about obtaining a blue CSCS card. We are prepared with all relevant information for your needs.